Modern technologies offer us modern ways. Wireless connection is one of them. In this progressive world, wired connections are still far better options to use. Wired connections are ultimately faster than wireless.
But some people complain about the “ethernet connected but no internet access” issue. Everything comes up with some minor insolvencies in it. Sometimes ethernet cables show some technical problems that are easy to eradicate. We are here to serve you with the best of all assistance.
Don’t worry, in this post, we will provide all the helpful suggestions.
Reasons Why Ethernet Is Connected But No Internet Access
Are you having this query in your mind why does my ethernet says connected but no internet access? In this post, you will know all the points that are causing no internet access.
- The cable might not be properly connected.
- Corrupted files in your system.
- Viruses in your computer.
- Old network drivers.
How To Fix Ethernet Connected But No Internet Access?
After we have discussed some of the factors that might be triggering the no-internet access issue. Now we should take a look at the fixes.
1. Resume Your Computer And Modem
The first thing you should do to rectify the internet access issue is to turn off your device and modem. To do so follow these steps:
- Power off your PC.
- Switch off your modem and disconnect it from the power source too.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Reconnect the modem to the power source again.
- Turn on all your devices.
- Check if this fixes your issue or not.
2. Check Your Ethernet Cable
After trying the above solution next, the very must option is to check that your ethernet cable is connected properly to your device. You can also try a new cable that might resolve your issue.
3. Look For DNS Settings
One better alternative is to check for your DNS Settings. Sometimes the settings are set to default and this might be a reason for no internet access. Proceed with these points.
- Click Win+R on your keyboard.
- Write “ncpa.cpl” and click on Enter.
- Right-press on your internet connection.
- Select the Properties from the menu.
- Double press the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- Check that Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected.
- Then select the Ok option.
- Check that this resolves your issue if not proceed with the next step.
- Click Use the following DNS server addresses, then set the server addresses to the Google public DNS server addresses (220.127.116.11 / 18.104.22.168).
- Press Ok and see if this solved your problem with your internet connection.
4. Try To Reset Your Network Settings
If are you dealing with Windows 10 with no internet access but connected ethernet then the best option for you is to reset your network settings. To do so, fulfil the below steps.
- Click Win+R on your keyboard.
- Write “cmd” and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter from the keyboard.
- Type the following commands
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew ipconfig /registerdns
- Shut down the window and restart your device.
Note: This step is only for window users.
5. Rectify Viruses And Malware
If the above fix does not help then there is a chance of any virus or malware on your device. You can fix it with a repair tool called “Restore.”
This will optimize your system and will protect it from any attacks by viruses. Moreover, it will repair all the corrupted files in your system.
- Download and Install it on your PC.
- Launch the program to scan your PC.
- Wait for a while until it’s scanning.
- Press on Repair your system.
Note: Activate the software to use this tool.
In this post, we have given all the feasible techniques on how to resolve the issue. You can repair it by restarting your modem and computer. Moreover, you can reset your network settings and rectify the viruses in your system.
All the above modes are tested by our technicians and team of experts. You can pick any of the fixes to figure out your issue. If none of the above works for you, you can call the professionals to seek help. Hopefully, this post has provided you with some benefits and you will rely on it in the future too.