Yes! One of the most vexing aspects of interruptions is ads. It is possible that these interruptions will last for a longer period of time than the pure genius or bliss that you are trying to experience. Have you ever been watching a craft, scene, or your favourite person talk on YouTube, and suddenly felt disoriented?
AdBlock is a plugin for web browsers on computers that prevents ads from appearing on web pages. The extension is available for use in various browsers. Adblock shields consumers from ads, which may include malware or tracking cookies. It is essential to have AdBlock since it prevents adverts from making web pages look cluttered. This increases readability and page speed.
AdBlock has been of great use to us throughout the course of the years. In addition to minimizing distractions, it also improves the rate at which the necessary information is loaded. However, at times you might face the error “Adblock Youtube not working”. The handling of this error is discussed in this article.
Why Is Adblock Youtube Not Working?
Several reasons could explain this. It’s possible that your ad blocker may not work with YouTube. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to ensure that your ad blocker is running the most recent version available. There is also the likelihood that YouTube’s layout or design has been modified in some way, which is the root cause of the ad blocker’s malfunctioning on the platform.
The most typical cause is that the extension might not be enabled in the correct manner. Your ad settings and any extensions that you have activated will have the greatest impact on this. It’s possible that AdBlock was installed on your system but it’s not now active. One further possibility is that your AdBlock extension is not currently undergoing maintenance. AdBlock addons that are not currently being maintained can be considered out of date. Additionally, an outdated AdBlock may expose users to viruses.
Tricks to Fix Adblock Not Working on Youtube
1. Sign Out Of Your Google Account
The ads are linked to your Google account. Your browsing history will determine the ads. Try logging out and back in while using YouTube. It has helped many to block ads.
- Click the YouTube logo on any subdomain or video to visit the site.
- On the Screen (right) navigation bar, click your account’s arrow.
- Go to YouTube’s Options menu and select “Sign Out.”
- When you go back to the YouTube homepage, you will see a Sign in button. Simply click it and enter your login information to proceed.
2. Clear Cache and Cookies
Cache and cookies affect YouTube adblocker. Clearing cache and cookies will resolve the AdBlock for Youtube not working error.
Here’s how to remove browser cache and cookies:
- Click the Menu button on your taskbar.
- Select History. and then select ‘Clear browsing history‘ or similar from the tab.
- Another list will pop up. Ensure you remove cache and cookies by ticking the right button.
- Now, click OK.
3. Disable Incompatible Extensions
Other add-ons may affect YouTube Adblock. It’s hard to find which extension is incompatible with Adblock. Therefore it is ideal to disable all other extensions.
Other add-ons may affect YouTube Adblock. It’s hard to know which extension is incompatible with Adblock. Therefore it is ideal to disable all others.
If you don’t see any ads, one of your add-ons is impacting Adblock. A good way is to activate each extension (reloading or skipping) to find the faulty one.
4. Update YouTube Ad Blocker
Adblock’s malfunction on YouTube is usually related to a plugin version. Most likely, the makers have released a new version that fixes the problem. By default, the browser extension auto-updates. Follow the instructions above to access your browser’s Extensions page.
- Click Remove (or Uninstall) Adblock and confirm if required.
- Search for Adblock is a browser plugin shop.
- Click “Add to browser” or “Install” to install the extension.
- If Adblock still doesn’t work with YouTube, try the next method.
5. Reinstall AdBlocker
Reinstalling Adblock may fix the AdBlock not working on Youtube error. Here are steps to uninstall and reinstall the YouTube ad blocker:
- Visit your extension page.
- Find adblocker.
- Select Remove or Uninstall and confirm.
- Search for Adblocker in the extension store.
- Click ‘Add extension‘ or ‘Install.’
6. Different Ad Blocker
There are several web browsers, such as Opera GX and Opera, that do not block ads on YouTube. Simply switching to a different extension is a simpler solution to the problem of Opera GX and Opera AdBlock not functioning properly on YouTube.
There are other additional ad blockers available, each with a unique design, set of capabilities and features, and as well as the absence or presence of a filter list. Visit the app store for top-rated ad blockers.
7. Update AdBlock Filter List
AdBlock determines whether applications and websites are compatible with its use by checking a filter list. It’s possible that the filter list is to blame if AdBlock suddenly stopped functioning on YouTube.
- Make sure you look for the AdBlock icon either in the menu that appears when you click the icon or on the toolbar.
- Click on the AdBlock button once you’ve located it to enter the settings tab for the program.
- Simply select the “Add a new filter list” option.
- Enter your name and the URL link for YouTube.
- After that, select “Add a new filter list”. YouTube absolutely has to be included in this process. Launch YouTube.com in order to try the updated list.
8. Turn Off and Turn On AdBlock Extension
YouTube analyses watching patterns to provide customized ads and penalize users for blocking them. How the video streaming behemoth selects who can skip ads after a few seconds and who can not is a mystery. According to user posts, AdBlock or AdBlock Plus not working on YouTube is due to the company’s recent policy changes. It now has effects on everyone. Why not embrace the heroic ad-fighters’ advice and make YouTube think we quit? Let’s explore how to disable and enable AdBlock in popular browsers.
- Open a new Firefox tab.
- To access Add-ons, paste about:addons and press Enter.
- Find AdBlock under Extensions and toggle off adblocker.
- Reopen Mozilla and enable AdBlock.
- Click Menu in Safari’s top bar.
- Click Preferences, then Extensions.
- Uncheck the Enable this extension box;
- Now, open Safari and enable AdBlock.
- Open your Chrome.
- Paste Chrome:/extensions/, then Enter.
- Find your AdBlock version in Extensions.
- After clicking Disable, open your browser and Enable AdBlock again.
Best Ad Blockers for YouTube in 2022
Many users are interested in getting the most effective and trustworthy YouTube Adblocker in 2022. The number of ad blockers available is growing, so we have put in some effort to compile a list of the best ones for YouTube:
- Easy ad blocker
- Adblock plus
- Ublock Origin
- Comodo adblocker
- Adblocker Ultimate
- Fair Adblocker
- Hola ad remover
Adblock gives users a seamless experience. It enables us to have the continuous experience that we have come to appreciate. This post outlines some of the most secure and effective methods for blocking ads that display on videos running on YouTube. If the plugin you use to prevent ads is faulty, then you can quickly fix this issue by following the steps described in this article.
Is the Utilization of AdBlock Legal?
In a nutshell, you have the legal ability to block ads that are annoying. Interfering with the ability of the publisher to service customers is against the law. Also, limit copyright-protected information in a way they like.
Does YouTube’s AdBlock Feature Actually Work?
Adblock Plus is an add-on for web browsers that blocks any ads that users do not wish to see when browsing the internet. It stops pop-ups completely, even the ones that your browser can’t stop. Ads such as flashy banners, ads on Facebook, ads within YouTube videos, and more are included.
How come my AdBlocker isn’t working on YouTube?
If the option to View without a content blocker is not visible to you, it is most likely that you do not have AdBlock installed. If AdBlock isn’t already installed and activated on your computer, follow these instructions to do so. Tap the “Unpause AdBlock” button to turn AdBlock back on. If the AdBlock menu option is not visible to you, it is quite likely that you do not have AdBlock installed.
Why Do I Still Have Ads Even Though I Have AdBlock Installed?
There are two possible explanations for why you are still seeing ads on YouTube after installing AdBlock. AdBlock blocks “acceptable advertising” by default. Disabling approved ads can be done on the ad-block options page labelled Filter Lists. Certain websites will circumvent ad blockers without telling users or even requesting permission to do so.