8 Best Ways Fix PS4 White Light Of Death (WLOD)
It’s a fantastic experience to play games on your PlayStation. Regardless of the gameplay, we will discuss the PS4 white light, also known as the white light of death.
When you are playing a game and suddenly observe a white light, you wonder what it implies. Is there something wrong with my PlayStation, and what should I do now?
There’s no reason to be worried; white light can be either standard or dangerous. It depends on the brightness of the light. Let’s examine a few WLOD cases.
What Does PlayStation 4 White Light Of Death Mean?
The white light on the PS4 indicates an issue related to the motherboard or HDMI. There are two possible cases of white light having different meanings.
- Solid white light: It indicates that your console is ON or it’s on standby mode.
- Blinking white light: It indicates that your console is off.
Continually blinking white light (WLOD) implies a problem that needs a fix.
White light may appear on your PS4 controller for various reasons. Before moving on to the resolution, you must first identify the problem. Therefore, we have listed a few pitfalls that cause WLOD. Examine these and see whether your PlayStation has any of them.
- An issue with the motherboard.
- HDMI issue.
- Lack of connection.
- An electrical surge.
- Dust or dirt
- An issue with the cable.
- Faulty chip.
- Corrupt hard drive.
- An issue with the PS4 software.
- Bug in controller driver.
You may fix the white light problem with a few simple tried-and-true measures. Expectantly these ways will permit your PS4 to operate normally, eliminating the blinking or beeping white light. So, without further ado, let’s get to the subject.
1. Reboot The Console
Rebooting the system may alleviate minor glitches on the PS4 while allowing your PlayStation to operate more smoothly. It’s a quick and relatively easy way to fix the white light issue.
- Press the PS and Share buttons at the same time.
- Wait until the device switches on.
- Check whether the white light blinks or not.
2. Restart the Console
Restarting a device has proven a godsend in solving various problems for many users. It is a basic yet efficient method of eliminating random errors. So, on account of the favourable reviews, we advise you to try this effective approach.
- Power off the PS4 by holding the Power button.
- Unplug all cables and let the device rest for 30 seconds.
- Now plug in the cables again and press the Power button.
3. Clean PS4
Sometimes dirt or rust in your PlayStation becomes a cause of the error and leads to a blinking white light. Therefore, you need to clean all the dirt in your device to work it back to normal. Remove cables, open up PlayStationtion and clean it carefully.
4. Check HDMI Connections
A damaged HDMI port also causes white light on PS4. Therefore, you must check the HDMI port.
- Firstly, look inside the port of the console, if it is injured then take it to the repair shop.
- Secondly, check the port of the tv if it’s causing an error switch to another one.
5. Check Hardware Issue
After checking HDMI connections the next measure you should take is to check for hardware issues. This may be due to some exterior or interior damage. Examine the hardware components for the slots of the console like screwdriver and others.
6. Reset PS4 Controller
Maybe your controller is creating an issue therefore resetting it could be a good option that may prove beneficial. If you don’t know how to reset the controller then follow the simple steps:
- Power off your PS4 and unplug the cables.
- Press the small button present on the back of the controller.
- Hold it for 5 seconds and then release.
- Now plug the cables again and Power them On.
7. Update Controller Driver
After research, we concluded that out-of-date controller drivers result in white light on PS4. So, make sure to update your drivers if you are having a WLOD. How to update controller drivers? It’s not a big deal. A few easy steps and you are done with it.
- Open the Run box by the command Window+R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and then tap on Ok.
- Choose to Delete the driver software for this device.
- Uninstall it and reconnect your PS4 to your PC.
- Now locate the newest driver from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
8. Safe Mode
If you are still having the white light issue then we have another method that will help you to solve it. Entering safe mode allows your PS4 console to start only with the most basic functions. This will rebuild the console storage database and the blinking white light will disappear.
- Power off your PS4 and hold the power button until you hear a beep.
- Connect the PS4 controller and press the PS button present on it.
- Now you are in safe mode.
Expectantly the white light issue will get resolved but if none of the mentioned methods works you should take PS4 to the repair shop.
No need to worry if your PS4 is indicating white light. This article describes all the reasons and fixes for this issue. Hopefully, this post will prove effective and help you get to rid of the PS4 white light error.
We have concluded all the possible ways to fix this problem including restarting and rebooting the console, resetting the console and driver, cleaning and checking the HDMI port, examining hardware issues, and going into safe mode.