How To Appear Offline On Instagram?
Whenever I’m online on Instagram, people start texting me. Ugh! I’m tired of responding to everyone. If I don’t, they get mad at me. A person enjoying his time on Instagram doesn’t need your company, folks! He’s already busy with something. This annoying interruption got me thinking, “how to appear offline on Instagram?”
If you are stuck on the same question, we’re in the same boat! Luckily Instagram provides us with this helpful feature of hiding our active status while using the app. I explored this feature, and it saved me from a lot of headaches. So, stick to this post til the end and get yourself out of trouble.
Appear Offline On Instagram
Do you want to know how to turn off your active status on Instagram, so that you can stream feeds on Instagram without letting anyone know? This can happen with ease if you follow all these steps.
- Unlock your device and make sure that it is connected to Wifi or mobile data.
- Launch the Instagram app and log in by entering your username and password.
- Select the profile icon below in the right corner and the profile page will appear.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Now tap on the Settings option.
- Click on the Privacy option from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Find Activity Status and tap on it.
- Toggle on the Show Activity Status option.
Note: If you hide your active status, you won’t be able to see others’ active status.
How To Appear Offline On Instagram? (PC)
You can also have this feature on your PC and by using it you can infer how to make yourself appear offline on Instagram. If you want to know how to do so, proceed with the steps below.
- Open your PC and launch your Instagram app by logging in.
- Choose the profile icon below at the right corner of the page.
- Tap on the three dots on the left top corner of the profile page.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose the Privacy and Security option from the menu that appears on the screen.
- Select the Show Activity Status
- Slide the Show Activity Status to turn it off.
You can turn it back on anytime you want. However, by doing this, you can enjoy texting your friends and family on Instagram without any interruption.
How will you know if Instagram users’ are active?
You will know if someone is active on Instagram if a light green dot appears on his or her profile in the chat box. You can also see the timestamp when the user was last active. Moreover, the “In the chat” text will appear if a user remains in your chat.
All the strategies to hide your active status on Instagram are mentioned above. You can pick any one of them to disable your active status on Instagram. You can do so by toggling on the “Show Activity Status” option. With this feature, you can enjoy content on Instagram and no one will know about it.
These procedures are tested and authentic. It’s super easy for one to make their social life private. Hopefully, this post has provided you with all the knowledge about how to make yourself appear offline on Instagram.