Do you have videos on TikTok but wish they weren’t visible to others? Do you want to hide certain videos that are embarrassing or just don’t fit with your brand? or If you shared a TikTok video before it was ready or no longer want some of your older content on your profile, you need to erase it.
Then this guide is for you! In this article, we cover everything you need to know about deleting your Tiktok videos.
How To Delete a Video on TikTok
Before posting a video on TikTok, you must perform a few additional steps. These steps let you add sound, visual effects, and text, as well as hashtags, hashtags, and comments. This means you may also back out of the recording and restart it or not capture anything at all.
TikTok Recording Screen
Sometimes you start shooting a video and realize you need to stop. Do the following to end the recording and erase the video.
- To go back, hit the top-left arrow instead of Next.
- Now, choose Discard to stop or cancel the recording.
You can Start Over or Discard what you’ve captured.
TikTok Posting Screen
If you get to the screen where you post the video and then decide to delete it, it’s pretty much the same as above.
- To go back, tap the arrow at the top left.
- On the editing screen, tap the arrow again.
- Press the X.
- Choose to Discard or Start Over.
TikTok Posted Video
- Tap “Me” to go to your profile, and select the video you want to remove.
- Tap the three dots on the lower right side.
- Now scroll to the right side and tap on Delete.
- Now confirm this by tapping on Confirm.
How to Delete a Saved Video on TikTok
You can delete a drafted video from your account if you decide you don’t want to share it. You can also remove more than one drafted video at once.
How To Delete The Single Draft Video?
- Tap the Me tab to see your profile.
- Select Drafts and Tap Select on the top right.
- Tap Delete at the bottom, and then tap Discard to confirm.
How To Delete The Multiple Draft Video?
- To get to your profile, tap the Me tab at the bottom.
- Select Drafts and Tap Select from the top right.
- Select videos you want to remove and Tap Delete X at the bottom.
- Now Confirm this by tapping Discard.
Can You Recover A Deleted TikTok Video?
Now that you know how to delete TikTok videos, what if you make a mistake? TikTok content can’t be recovered easily. TikTok has no ‘Deleted‘ section to recover deleted videos.
If your settings are set to automatically save TikTok videos in your phone’s Gallery/Photos app, you should still have a copy in the TikTok folder of that app. From this backup, you can reupload to TikTok.
You may also save TikTok to OneDrive or Google Photos. If the above alternatives don’t work, you’ll have to start over with your TikTok video.
Can You Delete Any TikTok Videos?
TikTok only lets you remove your own content. Following our step-by-step tutorials, you can erase videos from your Profile or Drafts folder. Others’ TikTok content can’t be deleted. TikTok users and moderators can remove each other’s videos.
Report an improper post if you find it offensive or disturbing. We sometimes favorite TikTok videos so we may access them from our profiles.
If I Delete My Account, Will It Delete My Videos?
Yes. Your videos will be deleted if you delete your TikTok account. Save important videos before deactivating your account.
Any videos saved or downloaded by another user are still available to them and those they shared them with. If you have a problem with a video, report it to TikTok.
Can I Delete Someone Else’s Post?
Let’s say a friend shares a video of you that you don’t like. If your friend refuses, what can you do? You can report but not delete someone else’s video. This would only be done if the video is offensive and violates the app’s policies.
Find the video, hit the ‘Share’ icon on the right, and tap ‘Report.’ Submit the form. TikTok will remove videos that violate community guidelines. You may lose a friend.