In this article, you will be given step-by-step instructions to delete your Instagram account. This could be either permanent or temporary.
There could be many reasons why you want to delete your Instagram account. Some have personal issues, a distraction from other necessary tasks, an effect on studies, etc. So obviously there comes the time when you have to delete your Instagram account permanently.
Many people choose to delete their Instagram accounts for getting a focused practical life out of this temporary social life. Quitting social media can surely lead to a stress-free and happier life.
Save Your Data Before Deleting Instagram Account
Before deleting your Instagram account permanently, you need to save your data on your Instagram account. So here is the procedure.
- Go to your Instagram app, and at the lower right corner click on the Profile Icon to open up your Instagram profile.
- There you will see a hamburger icon at the top right corner and press the Setting button at the bottom.
- Click on Security and then select Download Data term.
- And here enter your email address and click Request Download. Once you are done with this, within 48 hours Instagram will email a complete copy of your profile to the email that you provided. This will contain your pictures, videos, comments, information on your account, and everything you may need in the future.
Even if you think this data is not important for you, still we would suggest saving it before deleting your Instagram account permanently. If you don’t do this, you will lose all your information and data permanently.
How To Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently
And now after saving your data, you can move forward to delete your Instagram account permanently. When it comes to deleting your Instagram account permanently, this can only happen using a browser but you can do it on your phone or desktop browser.
Before your account disappears permanently, Instagram will disable your account temporarily for the next 30 days. This is because if your mind changes regarding deleting your Instagram account permanently, you can get it back. Follow the given steps to delete your Instagram account permanently.
- First of all, log in to your Instagram in the browser.
- Now open up “Delete your account“ in your browser.
- Choose an authentic reason for deletion from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Delete button for confirmation of your action.
Temporarily Delete/Disable Your Instagram Account
If you do think you will come back after a break, then the best option is to disable your account temporarily. Your account will remain hidden from Instagram. But this procedure lets you restore it whenever you want. Here’s a procedure for deleting your Instagram account temporarily.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Go to your profile and click on Edit Profile.
- From the opened page press the option Temporarily Disable my account from the bottom of the page.
- Choose a reason for disabling your account temporarily.
- Press Temporarily Disable the account.
For opening your Instagram account in the future, simply login to your Instagram account.
I hope this article helps you out if you are facing difficulty in deleting your Instagram account. It is good to have a life on social media but sometimes we just want to quit it. And that is totally fine. You can delete your Instagram account simply by following the steps given in this article.
Moreover, saving your data before deleting your Instagram account permanently is highly advised.