This article guides you on how you can rename the program in the task manager tab. You can do this either by the detail tab or the processes tab. Naming the blank programs helps you search for a program by name when you need access.
Read this article till the end to fully understand the methods to retitle programs. Windows 7 and 8 have a slightly different renaming process than Windows 10. So, pay close attention to the details.
How To Rename Program By The Detail Tab?
Task Manager is the app that shows the activity performed by the applications on your computer. You can rename any program on the details tab of Task Manager by using the strategies given below.
- Tap on “More details” from the Task Manager.
- Then tap on the small arrow icon next to the “Program.”
- Now select the “Details” option.
- Choose the “Title” option in the “Details” menu.
- Rename the program and click on “Enter.”
- Click on “OK” to save the modifications.
- Now you can have a look at the new name of Task Manager.
- Right-click the name and choose the “Close” option from the menu bar.
- Now, search for the term you typed earlier whenever you wish to launch the program.
- Tap the “All programs” option in the Task Manager to locate all programs.
Another method used to reliable your program is provided below:
- Open the “Task Manager” on the Windows search tab, type in it, and press enter.
- Tap on the “Details” label.
- Press the right-click and prefer the “Properties” from the card.
- Select the “General” option.
- Remake the name of the program in the box next to the icon.
- Press on the “OK,” and it’s complete.
Updates On Windows
If you are looking for how to change a name on windows? This post will help you to rename your program on different windows without any hurdles. Windows 7 and 8 have an effortless feature that lets you change your name by a right click on the programs in the Task Manager and then renaming it according to your choice.
Windows 10 has made an update and is a bit easier to use. You can rename it by first changing the program name by clicking on the small arrow button next to the “program” and then editing it. This will enable you to retitle your program. You can do it manually by attending some steps that are given below:
- Tap on “More details” in the Task Manager.
- Then click on the small arrow symbol next to the “Programs” option.
- Choose the “Title” option from the “Details” bar.
- Rewrite the program name and click on “Enter.”
- Tap on “OK” to save it.
- Now a new name is added to Task Manager.
- To close the program, right-click and choose “Close” from the menu bar.
- You can also look for programs by clicking on the “All Programs” option.
How To Rename Program By The Processes Tab?
There are several methods to relabel your programs. One of them is to rename it by the process tab. You can also do that by following the guidelines below.
- Launch the “Task Manager” by the Windows search bar or press the Windows icon. Type “Task Manager” and click “Enter.”
- Choose the “Processes tab.”
- Right-click on the programs and select “Properties” from the menu bar.
- Click the “General” tag.
- Retitle the program in the box beside the task icon.
- Press the “OK” button, and you are done.
How To Fill In The Blank Name In The Task Manager
The task manager setting set to default may show a blank name process next to the program icon, but you can fix this handily by interpreting these steps.
- Start the “Task Manager” on your computer.
- Pick the “Processes” bar.
- Select “Properties” by right-clicking on the program.
- Press on “General.”
- Then fill in the blank box and write any name of your choice.
- After you are done, click on the “OK” icon.
In this post, we have provided you with all the possible ways that can facilitate you with your problems. You can retitle your program by the processes tab or details tab. Moreover, you can fill up the blank name of your program.
The above-illustrated procedures are analyzed by our experts and professionals. You can pick any of them and apply to your program. I hope all this knowledge will help you to rename the program in the task manager tab.