If your mobile data is not working then it can be agony when you have to get things done on the internet. It can lead to missing business emails or losing communication with your family in the hour of need. Mobile data is the internet of your mobile that is provided on your sim card package.
Mobile data is a must-have thing these days as WiFi is not available everywhere you go. So your mobile data should be there for your work, meeting, contact, etc. This feature is the primary source of communication and business.
Reasons Why Mobile Data Is Not Working And Methods To Fix It
There are many reasons why your mobile data is not working or loses connectivity. In this guidepost, you’ll come to know all the problems and their solutions to kick your stress out. So let’s start with the tips on how to get it back.
Airplane mode is available on the taskbar of your android phone. This is used for many other purposes too. People use it while charging their mobile phones because putting the phone in airplane mode makes charging faster. Sometimes we forget to turn it off and consequently, all the signals are blocked. Resulting in mobile data not working.
- Go to the Taskbar.
- Find the feature of Airplane mode and tap on it.
- Put it on/off by clicking on it.
Restart Your Phone
Restarting the device also helps a lot with many temporary problems with android phones. Here in this difficulty, again restart is a useful option to apply. The procedure to restart your phone is also an easy task
- Press the Power button on your phone.
- Different options will appear i.e Restart, Turn off, Reboot, etc.
- Click on Restart.
- Now, wait for the phone to be started again.
- Check the difficulty you are struggling with.
On/Off Mobile Data
The most common method used to get back your mobile data is to on and off your mobile data option. This method helps in the case of network areas, the places where network coverage is not stable.
- Go to the Taskbar.
- Find the option of Mobile data.
- On/off it by clicking there.
Reset Your APNs
a stands for Access Point Names. These are how your mobile network provider connects your phone to the mobile internet. APN sets your phone up with all crucial settings such as gateways and IP addresses to get you connected
- Go to the main option of Setting in your phone.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Now select Mobile Network.
- Click on the Advanced.
- Click on Access Point Names.
- On the top right corner of the list page, click on the menu icon.
- Now click Reset to default.
Wipe Cache Partition from Recovery
As reported by certain android users, errors can occur in the cache which can cause crucial processes. In this case, your data connection stops working. This not only helps in getting mobile data back, but it also makes your phone performance faster.
- Turn your phone off.
- Turn it on, while turning it on, hold the power and volume down buttons until the android droid pops on the screen.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to Recovery mode.
- It may say No command. If this occurs, you need to try holding different combinations of the volume button and the power button until you enter the recovery.
Enable Right Network Mode
The right network mode is important to be checked whenever your mobile data stops working. There are different network modes in every android phone i.e 2G, 3G, and 4G. Etc. For using stable mobile internet you have to set the network mode according to the internet you are using.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Select Mobile network.
- Click on the Preferred network type.
- Now switch to the one that best suits your android phone.
Reboot Your Phone
Rebooting the phone is another trick to get the lost connectivity back. However, this method is not one of the most used ones but helps a lot with this kind of temporary difficulty in your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button of your phone.
- Different options will appear.
- Out of all click on Restart.
If you have tried all other methods but still can’t get rid of the mobile data not working error then this must be your last option to avail. A factor reset brings your phone back to the point when you first bought it. The software becomes bug-free like a brand-new one. This method is useful but it deletes all the saved data on your phone. The procedure is as follows.
- First, go to the Settings app.
- Then select the System option.
- Here you have to go into Reset options.
- Now tap on Erase all data.
This article shows you different ways to fix the dysfunctional mobile data on your smartphone. Go through the methods chronologically to which one best suit your device. All these methods are tested and verified by many users.
There could be several reasons why your mobile data is not working properly. Whatever the reason may be, you are going to find a solution to this issue for sure. Hope this article proves informative and helpful to you.