Everybody is crazy about editing pictures. To be truthful you have also tried Instagram editing or some other app editing features too. Unfortunately, some glitches in Instagram never let you do that. Are you still stuck with the query why can’t I edit my Instagram post?
Instagram is one of the worthwhile fun-loving apps which allows editing your posts too. This feature is ideal for those who love to edit their posts. Sadly this comes up with some fallacies. Don’t worry about it. In this post, you will know all the fixes to your problem.
Reasons Why Can’t You Edit Instagram Posts
The error “can’t edit Instagram post” may be due to various fluctuations in your phone or app. Before we come up with the solution to all these fallacies, first you might know about the incentives for this error. Let’s have look at some of these:
- Poor Internet Connection.
- Acquired Cache in Instagram.
- Instagram is not updated.
- Short of Storage space.
- Down Instagram Server.
9 Useful Ways To Fix Can’t Edit Instagram Posts Alert
Currently, after we have talked about all the motives that might be taking part to facilitate this type of deception. Now it’s time to fix all those problematic indications while editing your posts. Some of the ways to resolve this issue are given below:
1. Look For Internet Connectivity
The very first preference to eliminate this error is to check your internet connection. Sometimes poor internet connectivity leads to the failure of the can’t continue editing Instagram post” alert.
In this case, you should switch between WiFi and mobile data. This might resolve your issue. If not, then try a speed test on any website to determine the factor causing trouble.
2. Select Another Photo or Video
There might be a possibility that the photo or video you are using to edit has poor resolution or format. We are not confirmed about it. So, to check this, make an effort with another photo or video to edit. Look whether this figures out your issue or not.
3. Allow App Permissions
Another prospect for this fault might be that you haven’t allowed Instagram app permissions. The omission of “can’t edit Instagram post” might be due to restrictions on the camera, data, and photos. You can rectify this by attending the following steps:
For Android Devices:
- Long Hold the Instagram icon.
- Select the ” i “ button at the top of the menu.
- This will take you to the App info page.
- Go to the Permissions.
- Allow all permissions from here.
For iOS Devices:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select the Instagram app.
- Enable all the permissions by toggling the buttons.
4. Check For Instagram Server
Sometimes the down Instagram server may also be the reason for the restraint to edit an Instagram post. Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t have a site to check for the server’s downtime.
You can check it on third-party sites such as “DownDetector.” If you are retaining this problem you have to wait for it. Until Instagram resolves its server problems.
5. Disconnect The Connected Apps And Websites
Another reason for the error to pop up on your screen is the third-party apps and websites that you have added to your Instagram account. You can remove them by executing some steps:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on the Profile icon that appears below on your screen.
- Select the three horizontal dots in the top right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Tap on the Security.
- Go to Apps and websites.
- Press on active to view all the apps and websites that are added to your account.
- Then tap on the remove to discard them all.
6. Clear Up Storage Space
Your query about why can’t you edit Instagram posts? Still, finding an answer? An optional conclusion is to clear up the storage space. Sometimes the excess accumulated data, photos, videos, etc might be the intent for this error.
To eliminate all the issues you have to free up some space on your phone. You should delete unwanted files, data, photos, and videos from your phone.
7. Empty Instagram Cache
While you are using the Instagram app it accumulates a cache in it. This step is attended for your benefit but it sometimes induces some glitches that might pop up alerts on your screen. To resolve this you should clear all the caches by executing some effort.
- Long hold the Instagram app icon.
- Tap on the ” i ” icon to open up the App info.
- Select the Storage and Cache.
- Press on the Clear Cache option.
8. Update Instagram App
When the app gets outdated it results in some fluctuations in the App. In this case, your Instagram becomes unresponsive. And you faced errors and alerts while editing your posts. You can rectify the problem by updating your App.
- Launch the App Store/Play Store on your phone.
- Type Instagram in the search bar.
- Tap on the Update option.
9. Delete And Reinstall Instagram
If after updating Instagram still, the issue remains the same, delete your Instagram and reinstall it. As this will clear all the errors and glitches in your App.
- Hold the Instagram icon.
- Select the Uninstall option.
- Go to the App Store/Play Store.
- Search for it and Download it again.
After talking about all the factors and conditions that have generated the error “can’t edit Instagram post”. We have given you the feasible modes to figure out this too.
You can fix this by trying another photo or video. Moreover clearing the cache and removing third-party apps and websites can rectify the problem.
All these strategies are looked up and tested by our team of technicians. You can pick any one of them of your concern. All these are prudent and effortless to operate. We assure you about your phone security too. Hopefully, we have given you all the knowledge and you will regain it in the future too.